The VMware integration requires a credential with a minimum of read access to the vCenter, in addition to the vScope server being able to communicate with it.
vCenter read-only role
Users of a shared VMware environment might want to have a limited read account, where only parts of the infrastructure are shown. This can be achieved by creating a “Virtual Machine User”-account.
Role: Virtual Machine User
- Perform actions on virtual machines only.
- Interact with virtual machines, but do not change the virtual machine configuration. This includes:
- All privileges for the scheduled tasks privileges group
- Selected privileges for the global items and virtual machine privileges groups
- No privileges for the folder, datacenter, datastore, network, host, resource, alarms, sessions, performance, and permissions privileges groups