- Stop the vScope Service.
- In C:\vScopeData\global\usermanager create a file named onetime and make sure it is saved in UTF-8 format.
- In this file add a username and a password for the recovery user, as well as the license instance id of the installation:
The license instance id requirement is a safety measure to make sure that you know enough about the installation to be allowed to create a recovery user. The license instance id can be obtained by us if not visible elsewhere.
- Start the vScope Service. A recovery user will be generated upon start and added to the vScope Admins group. The onetime file will be deleted in this process if everything goes OK.
- Login with the same username and password entered in the onetime file.
- Perform the recovery actions such as adding users, logging in as another user and changing password, fixing directory integration etc.
The recovery user will exist until manually deleted.