By connecting vScope to Microsoft Active Directory, you can collect Users, Groups, Group Policies, Organizational Units, and Devices, to enrich your inventory even further. vScope uses the LDAP protocol to establish a connection, this means that you can also use the connector to connect to other directory services.
Enter authentication details
- Go to Discovery > Credential > + Credential.
- Enter the credential details for authentication. You must use an account with sufficient permission to read users, groups, and devices from the data source.
- Select the Service Type AD, if you want to connect to Active Directory
- Keep the Connection Type and Bind Method Type to Plain (works for 99%) of the Active Directory configurations.
Advanced settings: Custom inventory
- Use Advanced settings to customize how, and what you want to inventory from Active Directory.
- Search Base DN (limit to sub-tree) enables you to only read specific parts of the Domain Tree. Eg. if the users you are interested in exist in a specific branch (often country or organizational unit). Here is the Base DN if I only want to inventory assets in Users within my domain vscope.local: